Biologists, Dietitians, Endocrinologists, Epidemiologists, Neuroscientists, Nutritionists, Physiologists, Psychologists
Appetite is an international research journal specializing in cultural, social, psychological, sensory and physiological influences on the selection and intake of foods and drinks. It covers normal and disordered eating and drinking and welcomes studies of both human and non-human animal behaviour toward food. Appetite publishes research reports, reviews and commentaries. Thematic special issues appear regularly. From time to time the journal carries abstracts from professional meetings.
Research areas covered include:
• Psychological, social, sensory and cultural influences on appetite
• Cognitive and behavioural neuroscience of appetite
• Clinical and pre-clinical studies of disordered appetite
• Nutritional influences on appetite
• Food attitudes and consumer behaviour towards food
• Psychology and ethnography of dietary habits
• History of food cultures.
Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior (SSIB)
Submission to Acceptance
Acceptance to Online Publication
Acceptance to Print Publication
Author Submission Guidelines